Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Revelation of the Gospel

"I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ."
Galatians 1:11&12

I teach people about the gospel. I know that I am responsible to deliver the truth regarding God's Word every time I talk to people. This responsibility is one that I take very seriously. I never want to be a person who believes and speaks a tainted gospel. I want it to be "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,so help me, God."
    All of us are preachers of the gospel. If you have a growing relationship with Jesus, you cannot help but spill out the gospel to people you come in contact with. These truths that God has put in your heart get shared with other Christians. In that exchange, comes the sharpening of our souls. When you share your faith with people who do not yet know Christ, you are validating the truth of the Word through your own testimony. You make the words of the Bible jump off the page and literally speak to a person. It is what we were created to do.
    Here is what I would like us to think about today. God has given each of us our own version of the gospel. I don't mean that he changes the truth, he simply gives each of us a unique perspective. You may talk to a person who will receive what you have to say with joy, because they can relate to who you are and what you have gone through. I may never reach that same person because my story is different and may be less relevant to them. The important thing is that each of us have the gospel placed deep within us.
    The gospel that you have inside you must come via revelation from Jesus himself. You cannot ride the coattails of your parents, your friends, your pastor, or a TV preacher. You must have the revelation of Jesus deep inside you. Teaching is great. There are many gifted ones out there. If you follow the teachings of your pastor or others, you have a responsibility to listen and allow the Holy Spirit to take those words and make them a part of your spiritual life. Don't simply take the words and increase your knowledge. Allow God to give you your own gospel. One that is founded deep in him and is read to the entire world through the life you lead. I will leave you with a scripture. It is one taken from Revelation. The gospel that is in each of us has so much power that it not only has the ability to change the lives of others, but it will defeat the enemy as well. "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony." (Revelation 12:11)  Now there is a living, breathing gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment