Monday, February 21, 2011

Grace, Love, and Fellowship

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
2 Corinthians 13:14

I have been on a quest to strengthen my relationship with God. I can honestly say that I want to know him in all his fullness. I don't want to miss anything about him. He is the reason for my life and my one true desire. I am not ashamed to say I love him. In my weakness, I find strength in him. In my poverty, I find riches in him. In my sorrow, I find joy in him.
    I am so thankful for the grace of Jesus. My relationship with him is built on the solid foundation of his grace. He covered my sin and chooses to look at me, not through the black shadow cast by sin, but through eyes of love and grace that is much greater than all my sin. It is not a one sided relationship. Yes, I love him, but he loves me so much more, enough that he would disregard my failing and shower me with grace.
    I am blessed by the love of God. No one in my entire lifetime will ever love me as much as he does. It is not that he DID love me. He DOES love me. He has proven that over and over again. He sent his only Son to redeem me and he continues to redeem and rescue me today. There is no greater love than this.
    I am blessed every day to live in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. He comforts me, counsels me, strengthens me, and reveals God the Father and Jesus to me. I appreciate him because he doesn't bring glory to himself, he points it all to Jesus and my Father. He personally delivers the love of the Father and the grace of Jesus to me every moment of every day.
    So really, God loves me, extends grace to me and fellowships with me in spite of the fact that I sin, rebel, and even prove to be unfaithful to him. So I wonder; if God treats me like that, shouldn't I treat others the same way? What would Christianity be like if we loved, extended grace, and fellowshipped with one another without regard for the shortcomings of our brothers and sisters? And in an even more radical move; what would happen if we treated all the people of the world that way? He does. I think I'll try it today. In fact, let's do it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment