Friday, February 25, 2011

Living in God's Favor

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts for a lifetime; weeping may last for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."
Psalm 30:5

I live under the favor of God! What an incredible thing it is to understand that not only does the God of the universe think about me, talk to me, and walk with me; he also favors me. When I think about it from my point of view, this means, I am his favorite son! And you are his favorite son or daughter. He favors you. If there are several choices in God's mind about where you will go and what you will do, he will always choose the one that is best for you because he favors you.
    Having the favor of God in our lives does not guarantee we will not have to go through difficult things. What it does mean is, we can be assured that God will go through those things with us. He said it himself, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So when we are experiencing really difficult circumstances, we should not say that the favor of God has left us. It has not. In fact, it is what carries us through those times.
    Sometimes, we weep. We weep for the difficulties we are encountering. We weep because it feels as if God has deserted us. But, I am assured that this weeping will only last for a night. Tomorrow, we will rejoice because we will recognize that the favor of God is upon us.
    There is so much difficulty, so much pain and sickness, so much poverty, that we must absolutely cling to the reality that God is with us through these things. I cannot answer the questions. I do not always know why we must endure hardship. But this I know, God favors us, and this will last for our entire life.
    So, stand up straight, look up to heaven with a smile on your face, believe it in your heart, and say it with confidence:  "I am God's favorite person!" Rejoicing is bound to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment