Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No More Tears

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!'"
Revelation 21:4&5a

I cry...a lot. I don't know, since I have reached my mid-life, I can't stop the flow. I cry over movies, things people say, verses in the Bible, prayer times and even thoughts that come. Most of these tears are productive. They are manifestations of the things God is doing in my own heart.
    But sometimes, I cry because things are difficult. The world is a painful place. People get hurt, there is death and suffering, tragedy and pain. We are all subjected to the slow death this world is suffering as a result of the sin of Adam and Eve. Even though we belong to Christ, we still live in a decaying world. Even our bodies are wasting away.
    Still, there is a great hope for us. These scriptures found in Revelation, tell us that there is coming a day when we will cry no more. Pain is going to end. Tragedy, sickness, disease and suffering will be distant memories. All the old things that we now must endure are going to pass away. We will live in the glorious presence of God himself! His glory will be enough to provide all the light we need.
    He says, " I am making EVERYTHING NEW! The apostle Paul said that we are to comfort and encourage one another with the fact that Jesus is coming and he will make all things new. I don't know about you, but this makes me slide down in my chair and breathe a peaceful "Ahhhh."
    Today, be encouraged with the knowledge that the old will pass and God will make all things new. This is our hope, this is our comfort, this is our encouragement. And remember, there will be no more tears! Ahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment