Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day of Hope

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you  hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

This verse may be familiar to many of you. To me, this is one of the most powerful statements in the Bible. In these few words, God sums up his thoughts about me.
    The word 'plans' is also translated, 'thoughts.' I love the fact that the God of the universe thinks about me. He is the Creator and when he speaks things get created. He spoke the universe, the world, the animals, and humanity, into existence. Yet, even when God thinks about me, something is created.
    My future is created by the thoughts of God. And that future is not one of harm, poverty, sickness, and failure. It is one filled with the prosperity of the Lord. He holds my spirit, soul and body in his care, and he loves me. God never abuses anything or anyone that is in his care. So I am assured of a bright and joyful future.
    Even though I may not see it right now, I know that God has planned great things for me. Therefore, I have tremendous hope for the days to come. The victory is at hand, the current battle will give way to amazing breakthrough.
    Would you join me today in rejoicing over the future? Join me in entertaining hope. No matter what is happening in your life today, you can rest assured that God has given you a future that is totally in his care. God has plans for us, BIG plans. They are birthed out of his thoughts toward us. It is not a day of despair, it is a day of hope! Let us live today, rejoicing in God, who holds us in the palm of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment