Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be Strong Today

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power"
 Ephesians 6:10

Do you ever have days when you don't even want to get out of bed and face the realities of life? I do, and those are difficult times. Some days, I think I can take on the world and live in absolute victory, other days, I feel weak and defeated. This is because I am human. We all are, and because of that, we live through a broad range of emotional ups and downs.
    But, one thing remains constant in all of this. We have a God to lean on that supersedes our emotions. He is always steady, strong and loving. He is truly the rock on which we stand.
    Consider a starfish. They are weak, slow, and defenseless little creatures, yet they thrive, even though they live in the pounding and punishing surfs of the oceans. They survive, because they know how to do one thing: They attach themselves to a rock. Not even the strongest of waves can move them, because all of those sticky little legs are hanging onto the rock with everything they have.
    Today, I am choosing to live by being strong in the Lord. The Bible is clear about this. Though I am weak, he is strong, though I am powerless, he has all power. So, to choose to live in my own strength would prove to be the worst of decisions. But living in his strength gives me the courage to live today, and do it victoriously.
    If you are weak today, choose to live in his strength. If you feel powerless, choose to receive his power. If you are poor, count yourself rich in the reality of God's presence in your life. It's okay. Get out of bed, get going with your day, and live in his mighty power. And say this to the crummy circumstances: "On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand. All other ground is sinking sand." This is how you and I can be strong today.

No comments:

Post a Comment