Friday, March 9, 2012

Let All my Kingdoms Fall!

"I surrender all my human soul desires
If sacrifice requires that all my kingdoms fall
That all my kingdoms fall, that all my kingdoms fall
I surrender all."

I Surrender All
Songwriters: Regie Glenn Hamm & David E. Moffit
Performed by Clay Crosse

There is only one eternal King and only one eternal kingdom. I am certain of this and I become more certain each day of my life. There may be kings over nations and territories, but in the end, they will return to dust like every other man. No kingdom stands against the kingdom of Heaven. Yet we have allowed other kingdoms to grow in our lives. Kingdoms that preoccupy us and keep us from receiving the real kingdom. What do we do? How do we rid ourselves of these kingdoms in favor of God's?
    I have learned that I must defeat the other kings and kingdoms in my life. Some of these have been easy to defeat, others much more difficult. But all opposed the kingdom of God. Without a doubt, the most difficult kingdom to overcome in my life was the kingdom of fear. Most people would never have guessed that I was gripped by fear, but it ruled my life, opposed my faith to the point that I was spiritually crippled. I was fearful that other people wouldn't approve of me. I was fearful of failing as a husband, father, and provider for my family. I feared not being the man of God that I am called to be. I lived my life in fear. Til one day...
     I dreamed one night, about a kingdom. When I awoke from the dream, I clearly heard the Holy Spirit say, "Kill the king!" I knew that many kings and kingdoms had been defeated, but the kingdom of fear still reigned. So God and I had a meeting. I confessed my fear to him through tears. He met me, spoke to me, and removed it. God killed the king that was at least partially ruling my life. This was one of the greatest spiritual victories I have ever experienced. The freedom and new found faith has grown immeasurably since that day. I realized that my kingdoms had to fall.
    I know that many struggle with other kingdoms that stand in the way of the kingdom of God. I urge you today to kill the other kings. It may be the kingdom of fear. Maybe it's the kingdom of religion. Perhaps the kingdom of self-strength rules you. I don't know what it may be, but I do know that God is jealous. He is the only King and he wants all others to bow before him. Like I did, why don't you have a meeting with God. Allow him to show you the depth of his love. Kingdoms fall because they are defeated by greater kings and kingdoms. Yours will fall as well, because they cannot stand in opposition to God. It is a process of going before the King of kings and openly revealing the kingdoms of your life. Then cry out to him: "Let all my kingdoms fall!" And they will fall under the grace and power of God. Receive freedom living in the one true kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment