Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Key of Faith

"What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
James 2:14-17

I have written about faith many times. I'm sure I have cited this scripture before, but I am feeling the need to share some things concerning keys of the kingdom of God. Over the past several years, I have learned some things about the kingdom. We all have access to the kingdom of God. The Holy Spirit lives in us and is our link to this spiritual kingdom. But there are keys that help us access areas of the kingdom. When we use them, it opens up spiritual doors that we will otherwise, not experience. So keys are important and the key of faith is the first to discuss.
    The Bible tells us that "without faith, it is impossible to please God." (Hebrews 11:6). I would add to this that without faith, it is impossible to accept and receive the things of God, including his kingdom. Faith is the key to the spiritual. Without it, we will always live within the parameters of the natural. We will attempt to explain spiritual things with human logic. The result of this is confusion that cannot be removed. In order to really receive God's kingdom and it's input into our lives, we must first believe there is a kingdom. Then we must act on that belief by seeking it (Matthew 6:33). This is the beginning of accessing the kingdom.
    All of us have faith at some level. We would not be Christians without it. But faith is a growing experience. I have more faith now than I did at the beginning of my Christian walk. I have more faith, because I have used it often. I have believed for the things of God many times. I have acted on my belief by asking God for them and claiming them. When I receive something, it gives me more faith to believe for something else. This is growing faith and all of us should be experiencing it.
    I encourage you to exercise your faith. Apply that faith to seeking the kingdom of heaven. Believe that the kingdom exists for our blessing, then start asking for it to be opened up and applied to your life. There is blessing, health, freedom, revelation, and more within it. Why would we not seek such an incredible thing? We are to seek the kingdom of heaven just like we seek God. His presence is there and when his presence invades our lives, we will never be the same. Take the key of faith, use it, and see the kingdom of heaven opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment