Thursday, April 19, 2012

God's Protection

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."
Psalm 5:11

My daily article is late today. But in the course of the day, I was reminded how great the protection of the Lord is. God does cover us and protect us. I am convinced that if we knew all the times God has protected us from emotional and physical harm, we would be amazed at the frequency. He loves us and not one thing we do escapes his notice. In the same way that we watch and care for our children, he cares for us. We need to remind ourselves of his love and protection.
    Today I was helping to unload a full semi truck load of the trailers that I sell. They are stacked on a flatbed trailer pulled by a full sized truck. The trailers are loaded with a crane, but we must unload them with a forklift equipped with long extensions so we can lift one whole trailer at a time. We were attempting to lift the highest trailer on the load. We had to put wood blocks under it to give us enough room to get the forks of the forklift under it. So we lifted the front of the trailer just enough to be able to insert the blocks between that trailer and the one below it. I was standing on a trailer which was loaded on the truck's flatbed trailer. As I was preparing to insert the blocks, the trailer began to slide. It fell of the side of the truck dragging two more trailers with it. All this happened right in front of me as I was hanging on for my life. Each trailer that fell weighed about 1800 lbs. If they would have slid toward me, I would have lost my life. There was nowhere for me to go to escape. But I was protected and no one was injured.
    They say that your life sometimes flashes before your eyes in a moment when danger is imminent. This was one of those times. I am so thankful for the protection of the Lord. We have to thank him for things like this. He cares for us and many times we are completely unaware of his saving hand. When we see it and when we do not, we need to thank God that he cares for us. His protection is a reason to sing for joy. He is indeed a loving, caring God.

No comments:

Post a Comment