Friday, January 27, 2012

A Good Day

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24


Each morning we get to face a brand new day. Some days we may say, "It's morning, Lord!" Other days we may say, "Oh Lord, it's morning!" The first is spoken with excitement at the prospects of the coming day. The second expresses the dread we may have for the day ahead. You see, it's all a matter of perspective. We have no idea what the day may bring, but our initial reaction may well dictate our attitude for that day.
    Although I've always known it, I'm coming to realize more and more how powerful my words are. The way I speak them is also powerful. So I realize that when I say, "This is the day the Lord has made; I will be glad and rejoice in it." I am proclaiming something that will dictate the kind of day I'm going to have. Though circumstances may not change, my attitude will. My attitude is only one of the things that will change. I believe that when I proclaim this, spiritual things happen. At the sound of these words, demons flee and the spiritual landscape changes. There may be difficulties that come, life often brings those. But the day will glorify God and I will be strengthened instead of weakened.
    It was on my mind today to share this with you. I'm sure that some, like me, wake up with the dread of facing some days. But if we will verbally proclaim this scripture each morning, things will change. After all, we do live in the blessing of the Lord. He has created each day and he knows what is going to take place during those days. Not one thing catches him by surprise. So, if we are held in his arms as we know we are, the day is ours to live with hope, optimism and blessing. Because God never changes, we can be secure in the fact that he knows the course of our lives.
    Let's change our minds about each day. Let's understand that it is in God's hands. We need not worry, we need not live the day in fear. We are securely nestled in the arms of God. Experts say that it takes a minimum of twenty one days to form a habit. Why don't we all form the habit of saying, "God, this is your day. I choose to be glad and rejoice in it!" I'm confident that when we develop this habit, things will change. In fact, even as you read this, say the words. You will discover that today is going to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment