Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sufficient Grace

Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
Grace, grace, God’s grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin!

Grace Greater than All Our Sin
Julia H. Johnston,   Published 1911
Public Domain

One thing that we need to continually be reminded of is God's grace. We literally owe our lives to him. It is through his grace that we have been given eternal life. The separation that we once experienced has been bridged by the grace of God manifested through Jesus' life, death, and resurrection. This is the foundation of our Christian faith. God's love and grace work hand in hand to fulfill his ultimate plan of redemption. Grace touches every area of our lives. I feel the need to remind myself and others of this indescribable gift.
    God's grace is more than just the forgiveness of sin. Of course, this is vitally important. Without grace, we would not have right-standing with God. His grace paves the way for us to live in his presence and experience the blessings he has for us. But today, I am reminding myself that God's grace is available to help me through the difficulties I encounter. In many ways, my life has been difficult over the past few years, and it has been God's grace that has carried me through . In times when I could not cope, his grace was there. In times when my heart was so downcast that I could not pray, his grace was with me. When I felt that I could not go on, his grace lit the way. God's grace is not only for the life after this one, it is for now.
    If I could speak for God today, I would say this: "My grace is sufficient for you. I understand the pain you are suffering and the doubts you have. But through every circumstance you have encountered, my grace has covered you. There will be a day when you will not suffer anymore. In my kingdom, there is no suffering, there is no pain, there is no more sin, and all the opposition has been eliminated. For now, I only ask you to do one thing; trust me. My grace will endure. And let me remind you again, it is sufficient for you in every situation. It is because I love you so much that I extend my grace to help you. Remember, I do not wish that anyone should be lost. My grace has lifted you from the trap that once ensnared you. Now, in your time of suffering, know that my grace is sufficient. In your times of plenty, remember it is my grace that has provided. And for those you love and pray for, my grace covers them as well."
    This is God's heart for us today. His grace is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment