Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blessed through the Years

"The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first. After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; He saw his children and their children to the fourth generation."
Job 42:12a&16

Although I don't consider myself an old man, I have already lived the majority of my life. During my life, I have seen ups and downs, blessings and trials, victory and defeat, wealth and poverty. But in all my life, I have never seen God forsake me or anyone else.
    If anyone had the the right to say that God had forsaken him, it would have to be Job. He had been wealthy and in good health. He had a beautiful wife and family. But God allowed the enemy to take all of that away. God had confidence in Job. He knew that he would never renounce him. Job had a difficult life, perhaps more tragedy struck than any of us will see. But Job discovered that God was still with him. He would still bless him and return to him what had been taken away and more.
    I feel that some of us need this kind of encouragement. Many are struggling because of the economic downturn. Others are battling disease and sickness in their bodies. When in the midst of these kinds of difficulties, the question of God's involvement in our lives rises to the surface. I understand the struggle, I have lived through them. In fact, I am still living within a trial. But I can assure you of this: God has not forsaken you. He will not forsake you. You are living for a greater purpose than you can now imagine. If you are in the midst of a crisis, struggle, or trial, be encouraged and know that God has not forgotten you.
    Trials do not last forever, even though it may seem that way. God will always move us into new seasons in our lives. We have a great hope, not only for this life, but for the one to come. Job was given a much more than he had previously. But perhaps the greatest blessing was not the material possessions he had, but his family. He had children, and grandchildren. This is an earthly blessing that God cherishes and so should we. I am blessed to have grandchildren and God continues to bless me spiritually in greater ways than I have ever experienced before. He is doing, and will do the same things for you. All is not lost, God is blessing us more now than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment