Monday, April 4, 2011

The Perfect Fitting Shoes

"(Stand firm then), with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."
Ephesians 6:15

Would you go hiking on a rocky mountain, wearing a pair of flip-flops on your feet? I doubt it. Not only would it be uncomfortable, but you would either wear them out or lose them in the adventure. When you are on treacherous terrain, having the right shoes is critically important.
    Physical armor as well as spiritual, is of little value if we aren't wearing the proper shoes. If you can't move, you cannot defend against the enemy. You will not be able to strike the enemy if your spiritual feet are vulnerable. But God has given us spiritual shoes that are well suited to equip us for battle. Let's put those shoes on everyday.
    As I pray each day and put on my spiritual armor, I make sure that I wear the shoes. I remember the prophet, Isaiah, when he saw a mission that needed to be completed, he offered himself to God. He exclaimed, "Here am I, send me!" I say the same thing to God when I am suiting up in his armor. You see, I want to be sent. I want to go where he leads me and accomplish what he wants me to accomplish. In order to do that, I need spiritual shoes that fit me perfectly and will hold up no matter what comes my way, or what kind of spiritual terrain I encounter.
    Put on your shoes today. Take them and realize that they fit you perfectly. God has equipped you to do his will according to how he has gifted you. The shoes are provided by God, but you must put them on. You are then ready to not only stand, but move any direction the Lord will take you. These are perfect fitting shoes. Don't they feel good?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment