Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fully Shielded

"In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."
Ephesians 6:16

When you are wearing battle armor, you don't want to be without your shield. Although you don't wear this particular piece, it is invaluable to keeping the enemy at bay. The Roman soldier would carry a shield made of wood and covered with leather. The soldier would then soak the leather with water. In battle, when the flaming arrows of the enemy hit the shield, they were extinguished.
    If you have ever watched a movie that acts out an ancient battle, you will have seen rows and rows of archers. When they were ordered to fire, the air would be full of arrows launched, in an attempt to hit any area of the opposing infantry. It seems as if this is a strategy of the devil as well. He always has flaming arrows of evil headed our direction. The arrow may not be specifically intended for you or me, but if it happens to hit us, it is a victory for him.
    When we respond with the shield of faith in place, we will deflect those attacks as if they never happened. When I pray about the shield of faith, I see a 'bubble' of protection around me. I see, with my eyes of faith, an impenetrable force around me. I believe God has established protection for me on all sides. There is no way the weapons of the enemy can harm me. I believe he has established angels to walk with me wherever I go. They are my sentries and no demonic force would dare attack me because the forces that protect me are greater than those that come against me.
    Today, take up the shield of faith. Believe that God has established absolute protection for you. Understand that "No weapon formed against you will prosper." The army of God has been dispatched to be your protection. Look with your eyes of faith and you will see that you are the victor, not the victim. You can walk with confidence, knowing that you are fully shielded from any attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment